Monday, November 15, 2010

Cookie Monster

Me and cookies go way back. I'm pretty sure they do with everyone, and I think that's why our love affair with them seems to continually grow. I have a few standby cookie recipes, and surprisingly I rarely venture out of those few. I guess I feel like when I want cookies, I really just want a piece of home, and they never fail to bring me back.

This first recipe is for good ol' chocolate chip cookies. They're fool proof, turns out the same every time into perfectly chewy, melt in your mouth cookies. I never try out different recipes for this classic because I don't need to.

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies


-
2 C. - 2 tbsp flour
-
1/2 tsp baking soda
-
1/2 tsp salt
-
12 tbsp butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
-
1 c. brown sugar
-
1/2 c. sugar
-
1 egg - 1 egg yolk
-
2 tsp vanilla
-




1 1/2 c. chocolate chips


Blend butter and sugars together. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well. Add dry ingredients and chocolate chips. Bake at 375 for 11-14 minutes.


Now for one of my favorites when I'm really having a chocolate craving.

Mexican Chocolate Cookies


-
2 1/4 c. flour
-
1 tsp salt
-
1 tsp baking soda
-
1/2 tsp cinnamon
-
1/4 tsp cloves
-
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
-
2 sticks butter, softened
-
1 c. sugar
-
-
-

1 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tbsp vanilla
1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa
1 c. chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375. Stir dry ingredients together and set aside. Cream together butter and both sugars. Add eggs, vanilla and cocoa. Add flour mixture and mix well. Add chocolate chips. Bake on greased cookie sheets for 10 minutes.



Now go bake some cookies. Bring them to your papa, or your neighbor, or that cute boy or girl you like.  Or just keep them for yourself and nobody will be the wiser. It's ok, because I said so.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment